THE NEW DATES OF THIS WORKSHOP ARE THE 9TH AND 10TH OF SEPTEMBER 2021.
This course is part of an announced series of hands-on workshops in ESD and EMR co-organized by EAGEN and ESGE in live porcine model, which are taking place in the training centers of the Erasmus School of Endoscopy in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, the Life and Health Sciences Research Institute – School of Medicine, University of Minho in Braga, Portugal and the Experimental-Research Center ELPEN, in Athens, Greece.
These techniques are increasingly practiced in Europe with a growing need for intensive individual training. We have developed a training program to master endoscopic mucosal resections and submucosal dissections in a realistic setting using a live porcine model. The management of potential complications such as bleeding and perforation will be taught under the guidance of renowned experts in the field.
We hope that this unique workshop, in a safe environment, will serve your need for advanced training in this exciting area of interventional endoscopy, and look forward to welcoming you in Braga!
Contingency plan and safety measures | Covid-19
The School of Medicine of the University of Minho have a rigorous and detailed contingency plan in accordance with the indications of the WHO and the National Health Authority, to assure the safety and health measures in all activities including the advanced training program:
– The use of a mask is mandatory at all times while in the building such as on campus.
– A map of entrances and exits was established on all floors and corridors, according to the flow of people in academic activities.
– For all classrooms, offices, meals rooms, and bathrooms, the capacity was calculated to respect the social distance and adequate ventilation.
– Frequent hand washing is promoted with a wide distribution of disinfection points.
– All guidelines for social distance, hygiene and safety measures are guaranteed during meals.
In the Surgical Sciences Laboratory, in hands-on courses, the capacity was reduced according to the workspace, and each participant gets their own protective equipment (such as surgical mask, disposable surgical pajama and gown, shoe protectors, and gloves).
In previous editions we use to offer a social moment with a faculty and participants dinner, however, we must follow indications of local health authorities, according to pandemic evolution at that moment.
Additional information (Covid-19 contingency)
Please contact the National Health Authorities:
Hospital Braga and School of Health Sciences – UM, Braga, Portugal
Portuguese Oncology Institute, Porto, Portugal
- Fully equiped live porcine model workstations
- Limited participation (3 per workstation)
- Twelve hours of hands-on training per team
- One-on-one hands-on instructions and teaching from highly skilled experts in the field
Life and Health Sciences Research Institute (IVCS)
School of Health Sciences – University of Minho
Campus de Gualtar, 4710-057 Braga, Portugal
- 9 September 2021 - 10 September 2021
08:00 - 20:00